Business Development Manager/Director (North America)
Business Development Manager/Director (North America)
Our mission is to remove complexity from research and targeting by using artificial intelligence. We would like to become the first choice technology for companies seeking to learn about and connect to their audiences. Qudo is also a SaaS platform that streamlines the entire marketing value chain and enables:
- agile effective research;
- detailed market segmentation and detailed profiling and analysis;
- data-driven marketing strategy and precise targeting outputs.
About the job
As a Business Development Manager/Director (North America) at Qudo, you will be planning, organising, managing and executing business development and sales. Your role will be pivotal to our company's success and prosperity and you will be instrumental in facilitating Qudo’s growth and development. Your role will start with finding and onboarding our clients in the United States, but will continue with their education in new ways of delivering effective consumer research and digital activations using the powerful SaaS solutions that Qudo enables.
- Drive new revenue for Qudo in the North American market
- Work with the Head of Sales at Qudo HQ, to develop and implement go-to-market strategies tailored to highly targeted prospects
- Grow, maintain and build on your already extensive network of relationships with potential clients. (Financial services is a plus)
- Prospect, qualify, and generate new sales leads through outbound calling, email, and social media campaigns in the United States
- Deliver ambitious sales targets
- Manage complete sales-cycle - from lead generation to initial contact, nurturing and relationship-building all the way through to close
- Recruit, develop and build a sales team for North America as the business grows
- Work closely with the marketing team to build innovative campaigns, generate and convert leads
- Work closely with the research team to scope projects and assess project-related costs
- Synthesise customer feedback and help inform and drive our product roadmap across the United States and Canada
- Solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting, with proven analytical capability
- Utilise Hubspot’s CRM to track all sales activities and communicate progress to the Head of Sales
- Collaborating with project managers, product managers, market researchers, and digital marketers
- Management of personal delivery on a project-by-project basis
- Maintaining the organisation’s expectations for productivity, quality, and timeliness
- Keep learning and feeding the team with insights about customers and competitors
- Travel around the North American region is required to meet the needs of the role
Required skills and experience:
- 7+ years of New Business Development / Sales experience
- Extensive experience in the market research consumer insights industry or selling cloud-based, SaaS or hybrid service-SaaS solutions in the B2B setting
- Proven ability to be able to generate revenue US$800,000+ per year
- Experience in working with long funnel B2B sales propositions for enterprise clients
- An existing network of relationships with potential clients
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail in everything you do
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Knowledge of B2B marketing
Our ideal candidate should also have/is:
- Sales experience with Market Research/Insight services/software/Advertising sales (our ideal candidate has worked for the likes of Kantar, Nielsen, YouGov or similar)
- Passion for MartTech SaaS, all things data/AI
- An ideator: creative, innovative and a thought leader
- A doer: able to turn your ideas into actionable plans
- A leader: able to inspire, motivate and take the best out of the team
- An operator: you know how to get stuff done, manage your own time and prioritise correctly
- Desire to work in a startup environment and grow with it
- Proactive and curious
- Creative problem solver
- Familiarity with AI-centric data architectures
- Understanding of the Natural Language Processing field
- Knowledge of GDPR and Compliance regulation
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Budget for professional development
How to apply
Please complete the following form to apply for this role. A member of our recruitment team will contact you ASAP. We are currently recruiting and interviewing and we want to move fast.
Our recruitment process consists of 3 stages:
- A first interview to get to know you, your skills, your interests, etc. It’s the first screening to double-check that what you shared on your CV matches your real experience and skillset. It’s also the best time to explain the role and Qudo’s journey to date (approx 30 minutes).
- A second interview based on the presentation of a little exercise we’ll ask you to prepare in advance. It’s not going to be “free work”, but rather an exercise that will let us understand how you approach your work. In other words: we’re looking for methodology and mindset rather than a finalised asset (approx 1 hour)
- A “Meet The Team” final meeting where you will meet a larger group of Qudo’s employees so that you get an opportunity to ask more about Qudo’s culture and understand what it’s like to work here (30-45 minutes).
- We take care of our people; our people take care of everything else.
- We all get our hands dirty.
- We stay curious, innovative & disruptive. We invest in driving innovation.
- We are agile, results-driven & maintain a growth mindset. First, we deliver, then we excel
- We stay resilient & never give up. We aren’t discouraged by bumps in the road.
- Everyone is heard & every opinion is valued. Our flat structure is our strength
Qudo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.