Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager (Part-time)
Our mission is to remove complexity from research and targeting by using artificial intelligence. We would like to become the first choice technology for companies seeking to learn about and connect to their audiences. Qudo is also a SaaS platform that streamlines the entire marketing value chain and enables:
- agile effective research;
- detailed market segmentation and detailed profiling and analysis;
- data-driven marketing strategy and precise targeting outputs.
About the job
As a Quality Assurance manager at Qudo, you will be responsible for overseeing the activity of the quality assurance department and developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for our products and/or development processes.
- Ensure that project deliverables are signed off against the agreed quality standards
- Define and implement quality process improvements and metrics focused on both defect prevention and identification
- Allocate and coordinate test schedules, work and resource plans; manage progress of all activities against the plan
- Advise on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects or release level
- Diagnose problems and probe underlying issues to generate multiple potential solutions
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience in a SaaS product environment
- Familiarity with Data Science and AI workflows
- Proven experience in product QA
- Able to communicate technically complex concepts in language a layperson can understand
- Able to bring people together/facilitate problem-solving and resolution
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AI-centric data architectures
- Understanding of the Natural Language Processing field
- Knowledge of GDPR and Compliance regulation
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
In return for this, we will offer you:
- Modern office in Shoreditch
- Private healthcare
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech scheme
- Hybrid role with flexible work from home (3 days in the office, 2 from home)
- Finish early on Fridays (1pm)
- Personal professional development budget
- Access to Spill (mental health support, incl. therapy)
- Company social events
- 1 day of paid volunteering leave per year
- 20 consecutive remote days of work after 1 year of service
How to apply
Please complete the following form to apply for this role. A member of our recruitment team will contact you ASAP. We are currently recruiting and interviewing and we want to move fast.
Our recruitment process consists of 3 stages:
- A first interview call to get to know you, your skills, your interests, etc. It’s the first screening to double-check that what you shared on your CV matches your real experience and skillset. It’s also the best time to explain the role and Qudo’s journey to date (approx 30 minutes).
- A second interview based on the presentation of a little exercise we’ll ask you to prepare in advance. It’s not going to be “free work”, but rather an exercise that will let us understand how you approach your work. In other words: we’re looking for methodology and mindset rather than a finalised asset (approx 1 hour)
- A “Meet The Team” final meeting where you will meet a larger group of Qudo’s employees so that you get an opportunity to ask more about Qudo’s culture and understand what it’s like to work here (30-45 minutes).
- We take care of our people; our people take care of everything else.
- We all get our hands dirty.
- We stay curious, innovative & disruptive. We invest in driving innovation.
- We are agile, results-driven & maintain a growth mindset. First, we deliver, then we excel
- We stay resilient & never give up. We aren’t discouraged by bumps in the road.
- Everyone is heard & every opinion is valued. Our flat structure is our strength
Qudo is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.